- Once you’ve purchased your license simply click ‘Download’ to get access to the MP3 audio of the track you’ve purchased:
- After you’ve finished editing your video and are ready to upload it to YouTube (or other social platforms), make sure to add the Music Attribution to the description of your video. The attribution will be available to copy and paste when you download your track:
But you can also always find it later in your account by clicking:
- ‘Licenses’ on your account:
- Click ‘Video Attribution’:
- Copy the Music Attribution text
- Once you’ve got the Music Attribution, copy and paste it into the description of your video on YouTube (or other social media platform where possible):
- IMPORTANT: On YouTube, make sure you upload the video as ‘Unlisted’. This allows our claims clearance software VOUCH to automatically clear the claim for you in most cases (more on that in a minute!). Once your claim is cleared, you can then set it public, as usual.
It’s important to remember this step as it’s critical in ensuring that any copyright claims are cleared before you make your video public, so you don’t lose out on any precious ad revenue!
- Once your video has been uploaded as unlisted: DON’T be afraid if you see a ‘copyright claim’ on the status of your video under restrictions - this is normal!
The majority of claims in YouTube Studio will automatically be cleared within 30 minutes by our VOUCH software. Once resolved, YouTube Studio will update and under ‘restrictions’ on your account you’ll see it change from ‘Copyright claim’ to ‘None’
You will also receive an email from us letting you know the claim has been resolved!
HOWEVER, in some instances, VOUCH is unable to clear claims and we manually need to clear them.
If your claim has not been resolved within 30 minutes, please use our Self-serve function to let our team know you need a claim to be cleared:
- Visit your Account and go to “Videos & Claims” (or click here).
- Click ‘Claim Statuses’ on the video where you’re waiting for a claim to be cleared:
- Click ‘Submit support request’
Our team will jump on to get these claims cleared as soon as possible, no claim should take longer than 48 hours to be resolved.
(If you know you want to upload a video over the weekend, we recommend where possible sending Lickd the video before Friday so we can make sure any claims on the video are cleared before your uploading scheduled time!)
If the license you selected is claims managed:
Our team will need to manually clear the claim, please follow steps 1-3 above in submitting a support request to get the claim manually cleared. Our team will then drop you an email to confirm when the claim has been cleared! You’ll also see the status of your claim on YouTube under ‘Restrictions’ change from ‘Copyright claim’ to ‘None’
And you’re done! Congratulations, your video has popular music in it, but you’ve avoided copyright claims and get to keep 100% of your ad revenue.