Firstly, let's discuss the difference between a personal YouTube channel and a YouTube brand channel?
What is a personal YouTube channel?
- A personal YouTube channel is usually associated with a personal Google account.
- Only one person can manage a personal account.
What is a YouTube Brand Channel / Account?
- A YouTube Brand Channel (or Brand Account) is an account that is specifically for your brand.
- This account is different from your personal Google Account.
- Multiple people can manage it from their Google Accounts.
- On a Brand Channel your viewers cannot see your name or email address.
It's worth noting... from a viewer;s POV, a 'personal' and 'brand' channel appear virtually the same.
Can I use Lickd if I have a YouTube brand channel / account?
If you are an individual content creator then Yes!!
Your channel status does not impact whether you can use Lickd music or not... but it's the way you use the music which is important!
- Lickd licenses can be used on both personal and brand channels.
- Just because you have a brand account doesn't necessarily mean that you 'represent' or 'are' a brand.
- If your video is not sponsored by a brand or paid, our standard licenses are suitable for you! 👍
- If you are being paid by a brand or are in fact a brand or agency, you can't use a standard license. (see below)
If you consider yourself a business or genuine brand (e.g. Nike, Coca-Cola, eBay) and want to discuss if we can help, then please speak to our Partnerships team:
- You can contact them directly at email@example.com
- Or submit your enquiry here... let's chat!
Please sign in to leave a comment.